Shaw House is a truly spectacular 16th Century Grade I listed country house estate. Conveniently located less than 10 mins off the M4 J13 near Newbury, West Berkshire and less than an hour from central London.
For the first time in its 500-year-old history the house will be available to hire on an exclusive basis for weddings and events.
Shaw House has no shortage of history and charm. Previous house guests have included Queen Elizabeth I, King Charles II and Queen Anne, whose main state room is now the Queen Anne Ceremony Room.
The house and grounds are a photographers dream with a never-ending backdrop of fabulous photographic opportunities. Whether it’s using the 300-year-old oak staircase. The fabulous red Tudor brick exterior of the house. The extensive gardens, lawns and ancient yew trees. Or the romantic window seats in the Queen Anne Ceremony Room. The team can help you with their list of award-winning photographers know the house intimately and will capture the best light in the right part of the house and gardens. Creating the most magical memories of your wedding day.
The weddings team at the house are dedicated to making your wedding day the most special and memorable it can be. They'll work closely with you, or your event planner, to create the most magical and unique of days. Everyone who works at Shaw House loves the house and has the upmost respect for its beauty and history. They see being part of your wedding day as a privilege and you can expect 100% dedication from them.
- The Queen Anne Ceremony Room is licenced for civil ceremonies for up to 80 guests and the main hall for up to 120 guests.
- Wedding Breakfast in the Grand Hall for up to 80 seated guests. Larger weddings can make use of a bespoke marquee build in the grounds for an additional fee. Marquee size for up to 500 guests.
- Licenced Bar
- Preferred list of suppliers available or able to use own suppliers, subject to them meeting necessary criteria of working in the house and grounds.
- Large Car Park for up to 120 cars, additional over flow car parking near by
- Choice of caterers and suppliers
- All year round weddings available
We’d love to show you the house and make your wedding day memories part of the houses very special history. Contact one of the team today to arrange your viewing of the house.